Friday 17 April 2020

Easter

WALHT add detail


‘’Tweet, tweet, tweet’’. The birds were chirping outside my window. My eyes slowly opened, then I realised it was Easter! I leapt out of bed, my Mum and Dad were sitting at the table. I shouted to them ‘It's Easter!’’. My Mum and Dad looked at me. What are you waiting for? Go wake your sister up. I scurried into my sister's room, and shouted Bo! wake up. I ran outside, slipped on my shoes and started looking for the Easter eggs.

Bo was slowly following behind me. I looked into the bush and under the big Bamboo tree and there it was. A big ,brown ,yummy Easter egg, just sitting there. After 5 minutes we found all the eggs. Dad slowly walked down the steps and he said ‘’You ready to roll them?’’. We stumbled over to our next door neighbour's driveway, luckily he wasn't there. We lined up our feet to the top of the driveway. ‘’On your marks, Get set, GO!!!

Bo rolled her egg first, it rolled like a boulder going down a mountain. It reached halfway then it splattered all over the driveway. ‘’AAAAH!’’ Bo Sighed, with disappointment. Then it was my go. I gently pushed my egg down the driveway. It slowly turned onto the grass, then it stopped. ‘’Ha ha, ha ha, mine went the furthest’’. Bragged Bo, annoyingly.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lulu, what a gorgeous story about your easter morning. I especially enjoyed the sentence 'it rolled down the driveway like a boulder' it created a mental image in my mind of what was happening. Great to see you also attempting to add more detail to your writing. Ka pai, Miss Hickling.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.