Wednesday 15 April 2020

Breath




I did this art piece because sometimes you need to stop and breath. At times like this it is important to stop, breathe and take in what you need to. I think we need to remember the good things and be grateful for what we have.
I found it difficult doing the mountain, because I wanted it to be textured and so I used something called Gesso. It is a texture paste and it is very sticky.
I really enjoyed painting the sea,  because  I liked mixing and blending all of the blues.
Next time I will take more care on the waves, because I think it was a little rushed.
The best part of my painting, which I am most proud of is the face. I think I did a great job at using tone to make her look 3D.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Lulu, I love your piece of artwork. Wow, it is just beautiful and what a stunning message to go with it. It is so important to live in the present moment and be grateful for what we already have. I am really impressed. Is this of Makarori? It reminds me of going on walks up the Makarori Headlands. Kai pai, Miss Hickling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ka pai Lulu your artwork is stunning. Lulu I see on your other work your writing is going off the page try formatting it but if it does not work email the teacher and ask her. What are you going to paint next? I can't wait to see you back at school.
    Keep calm and peace out.
    Hinengawai

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.